Your book has been written. It has been edited to perfection. You’re ready to have your book launch, and you can hardly contain your excitement.
However, it’s important to realize that writing the book is really only half of the battle. The second half of the battle is going to involve selling your book. It’s going to demand perseverance, patience, and some of the creativity that led you to write such a fantastic book in the first place.
Selling your book is all about momentum. That means creating momentum right at the beginning, and running with it. And how does one establish strong momentum for their book at the very beginning? With a successful book launch, of course.
Key Characteristics Of A Successful Book Launch
The interesting thing about a successful book launch is that it’s the great equalizer. A great book launch can send a mediocre book into the stratosphere. A poorly thought out book launch can sink a book that deserves to be a game-changer.
When you look at book launches, there are 10 key characteristics of a successful book launch that you should be aware of:
• A mailing list for email subscribers.
• An author page on Facebook and elsewhere.
• Facebook advertising.
• Twitter advertising.
• Incentives that were sent out prior to the book release, designed to reward people for their interest, while also getting them excited about your impending release.
• Marketing that has been very specifically targeted at the audience you want to reach.
• An attractive cover design.
• The ability for the people to enjoy their book in a variety of relevant formats.
• Additional incentives that reward people who have pre-ordered the book, in anticipation of release day. You can also consider incentives for people who buy the book on release day.
• A call to action. This is something that makes people feel like they’re doing more than just buying a product. This is something that will make them feel as though they are part of your book launch in a very profound way.
These are 10 key characteristics that can be found with a wide variety of book launches, but these are not the only characteristics by any means. A truly successful book launch is a personalized concept in the end. It must be designed with your book in mind, and it must be designed to reach the largest target audience possible.
You can accomplish those things, however, by keeping the above characteristics in mind at all times. If you have discovered a tactic for a successful book launch that is not included in the above ten, do your fellow writers a favor and add your comments below. Thanks for reading.
Image by Xilius – Bigstockphoto.com