Hi my name is Nick Brodd, with millions of books already on Amazon I recently heard someone using that as a reason to NOT publish books. Today I am here to say that this is crazy talk.
In our last podcast, we found a couple of billion dollar reasons to writing a book when interviewing bestselling author Jay Papasan. But here are some more reasons why you must seriously consider writing your own non-fiction book:
- Help Someone. The most rewarding thing with book writing is that your knowledge and expertise actually can help someone in need. So recognize what you’re good at. There is someone out there willing to pay for that expertise.
- Authority. Books are a brilliant way to position yourself as an expert in your niche. Say you’re an author on a topic and people trust you know what you’re talking about. By publishing the right book you will strengthen and widen your platform, instantly boosting your brand.
- Lead Generation. Amazon allows you to tap into a couple of hundred million customers. These are people who got their credit cards ready and want to buy. And a book is not a high dollar item, so it’s a great way to make that first connection with people who can become customers for life.
- Upsell. Over-deliver and your customers will be hooked. They will want to buy more things from you. At this stage you might be able to start selling products with a $50 price tag, or a $100 price tag or even $1,000’s of dollars.
- Passive Income. I don’t want to hype the opportunity to make a lot of money on the actual books. But with the right marketing the profit margins can be awesome. Get a decent amount of sales from one book, then get several books that sell well and you will have multiple streams of truly passive income.
The world is full of excuses. One excuse I sometimes hear is that “writing a book is hard”. So in order to prove these people wrong and to enable humanity to write better books faster, I recently teamed up with Writers Rise’s co-founder Al Bargen and wrote the book Hard Core Soft Cover. It’s an information packed book with almost 200 pages of techniques that enabled me to create this book in 30 hours.
I can’t wait to share more about the journey of how that book was written. But before then, please let me know why you want to write your book. Please comment below.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net