You’ve written a fantastic book. You’ve put in a considerable amount of time and energy into the creation of this book. It doesn’t matter if it is fiction or non-fiction, it was a monumental undertaking. You’ve finished every conceivable draft. It’s ready to go out into the world.
But the battle isn’t over. Writing the book is one thing. Selling enough copies to make the whole endeavor worth the time and energy you’ve put into the project is another matter entirely. And even if making money isn’t your biggest reason for writing the book, it still stands to reason that you want the book to find a solid audience.
Why Invest In Book Marketing
If you’re looking for reasons as to why proper book marketing is so intensely important, then consider these 5 signs you should invest in your book marketing:
• The field is extremely crowded: With eBooks and self-publishing being what they are, everyone is seemingly writing and releasing books these days. Even if you have an extraordinarily specific book that’s designed to appeal to a very small niche market, there’s a good chance that someone else is targeting that same market. You need to be competitive. You need to invest in proper book marketing.
• The options are out there: You have social media, author pages, mailing lists, book-specific websites, and more. You have tons of options that can help you to create a formidable marketing campaign for your book. Why not explore those options to the fullest?
• You can’t do everything on the cheap: Facebook and Twitter let you pay for advertising space, as well as their own advertising muscle. Google has options along those lines, too. Other authors are exploring those options. They’re the ones who are going to have a better chance of selling their books.
• Your book deserves the very best: This sounds like a common sense statement, but really think about it for a moment. Let it sink in. You’ve put so much time and energy into the creation of this book. You want it to find the audience you know is out there. Why shouldn’t you take advantage of a marketing campaign that will find that audience for you?
• You get out of your book marketing what you put into your book marketing: Put time, creativity, and yes, a little money into your book marketing campaign, and your book will likely be rewarded in kind.
Book marketing is invaluable. It deserves attention and investment.
Image by luckybusiness – from Bigstock