You can make 2015 the best year yet using the right content marketing strategy. If you did not do as well as you thought you would for 2014 than it is time to change up how you are going about things. Writing content for a living can be lucrative but the competition is fierce and finding just the right gigs can be difficult.
So you have your book, and you are marketing it through your blog. It’s a terrific idea, but do you have the appropriate content marketing approach? Read through these 15 fast tips and consider adding any you may not be using at the moment.
For 2015 there are 15 things you should keep in mind to improve your writing and hopefully the value of the gigs you get.
1. Solo is not best! Just like in any area of life if you have a strong support system you are golden! Get to know people in your network, make friends and create partnership opportunities. Working together with other people in your group can go a long way in improving your income.
2. Plan, plan, plan. Plan which content you want to publish and make sure that your content compliments your personal style.
3. Be in the know! Know why you are creating your content. Understand what the content will be used for.
4. Call to action! Use a call to action in your content. A lot of writers make the deadly mistake of thinking that the message is so clear that there could not be any questions. Invite your readers to get more information by offering a call to action.
5. Pay attention to your audience. Make sure that you pay attention to comments and questions that are left by your audience. They are after all the best gauge for your content.
6. Be bold and make stuff that you can sell. Create information products, ebooks and other products that you can deliver digitally.
7. Once you know what works (from #6) than build on it. Whatever is working for you in the “sell your stuff” realm take it and make more of it.
8. Create a mailing list. Email mailing lists are a tool that you should never ignore. Social media is great but it is not your only option and email is still very much a primary means of communications.
9. Be careful with social media. Social media can be a wonderful tool but it can also cause you to get sidetracked and become quickly a time sucker.
10. Test what works! Make this the year that you get rid of the things in your business that do not work for you.
11. Use what works and improve it. Whatever is working for you, focus on it.
12. Once you have figured out what is working best run with it and add a few things that you have been wanting to try out.
13. Don’t stop learning! Keep learning something new. Don’t be afraid to try new things.
14. Learn but don’t waste valuable time on things that you know you will not use.
15. Set your schedule and stick to it. It can be very easy to get stuck in front of your laptop! Take a break when you need to and try to stick to a daily schedule.
If you feel we have missed any, please add them in the comments section below. Thanks
Image by Khakimullin from Bigstockphoto