Are you doing all that you can to promote your book? Are you sure? We have decided, after some experience with e-zine ads, that it would be helpful to compile a checklist to help beginners. What follows is a checklist of things you should do before you start placing e-zine articles. Follow each of these steps and you will be sure to have a successful e-zine ad on your hands. And a successful ad means a boost in sales, more visits to your webpage, inquiries about your book, and more.
• Have you followed your budget closely enough that placing this ad will be worth it?
• Have you selected an e-zine to place your ad where the topic of your book and the e-zine are related?
• Is the e-zine you selected the best in the particular topic/market?
• Have you offered not just an ad, but also the opportunity to interview you or review your book to the e-zine (if they have already agreed to place your ad)?
• Are you using a multi-pronged marketing approach, already? Be sure you are already using online tools like blogs, social media pages, webpages, reviews, and more to promote your book.
• Has anyone tested your e-zine advertisement? Get someone else to test it for you before you place it (preferably a professional).
• Is all relevant information (email address, website, social media page, etc.) included in your e-zine advertisement in an easy-to-read and easy-to-access way?
• Does your e-zine ad have a hook to lure interested readers in?
• If you need help in writing an e-zine ad, have you considered asking a professional service for help? Some of these services can do a very fine job for quite a reasonable price.
• Is your webpage in tip-top shape? This is especially important if e-zine readers are directed to your webpage upon click through.
• Be sure to have perfected your sales funnel (or marketing strategy) on your webpage before you send any readers there.
• Be sure that your webpage can handle a huge traffic boost (if that is what you are expecting or hoping for).
• Be sure that you have enough books on-hand to fulfill orders, or that you can get them very quickly.
• Think about tracking the success of the ad. When you do this, you can use the information you gather to make your next e-zine ad even more effective.
Image by Kuzma – Bigstockphoto.com